Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

What's Happening!

Hey, everybody! Just a quick note to let you know what's happening. We drove to Nashville on January 8th and were greeted by snow flurries when we hit the city limits! We had a busy day filming the Nashville Spotlight Valentine Show.




Our producer, Mike Jennings, does an awesome job of putting the shows together. It's a great learning experience. We taped two Valentine Shows and two regular shows. Nashville Spotlight airs on Nashville Cable TV Channel 19 weekly on Wednesday 8:30 PM, Thursday 2:30 PM, Friday 5:00 PM and Sunday 5:30 PM.


Hey look who we found behind the camera!
Jonell Polansky of DaCapo Music.
It was great seeing you again, Jonell!

We finished taping by 5:30, jumped in the car and headed back to Huntsville. No more snow flurries! But, it was cold ... Whew! We got back in Huntsville in time for me to sing in the last round of open mic at the Coffee Tree .... a fun place to be on Saturday nights ... then on for some hot wings with some fellow performing songwriters ... and up early on Sunday morning for church and Sunday school.



Sunday night it started snowing ... covering EVERYTHING within two hours. Okay, everybody got a lot of snow days, but since I home school it was pretty much business as usual for me. I did miss out on Driver's Education for a week. Did I mention that I'm learning to drive?!! Woo-hoo!
So, finally the snow melted and back to business ... oh, yeah ... and driving :) And ... coming up January 21st, Friday morning ... very, very early Friday morning, I'll be with Cooper & Company on WTZT-TV in Athens, Alabama. Known as ZTV-11, this station focuses on local people and places in the Tennessee Valley. This live performance broadcasts on cable television and will simulcast on the internet. I'm excited about being invited to sing on the show ... thanks to my friend, George Wells, who set up everything.

Saturday, January 22nd, I'm heading back to Nashville for another awesome Nashville Spotlight Mini-Showcase at the "World Famous" Nashville Palace. The show starts at Noon and will run until 6:00 PM. If you are in the area, drop in for the show. I would love to meet you! Meanwhile, check out my MySpace.

(Our weatherman is predicting more snow in the next few days...brrrr!)

"I'll See You Soon"


No comments: