Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Cooper & Company

Today, I woke up around 4 a.m. to get ready for the drive to Athens to sing on the Cooper & Company show with Jamie and Gloria Cooper!!:) It was soooo much fun! Thank you Mr. Cooper for hitting me with a snowball!! Thanks to Mrs. Cooper for being such a fabulous hostess! Everyone there was so nice, and I look forward to doing this again!!



SINCE January 2003, WTZT-TV in Athens, AL, known as ZTV-11, has been Local and Lovin' It with shows that focus on local people and places in the Tennessee Valley. Jamie and Gloria Cooper own and operate ZTV-11, as well as host and produce the morning show, Cooper & Company ... On Knology and Mediacom.....or, view on-line......
http://www.jamiecooper.com/default.html
Click the "WATCH US LIVE" LINK" ... archieved shows are also on YouTube.


Opening Song "Your Love Is Where I'm Found"

First question Mr. Cooper asked me, as we were chatting before the show, "Are you an Alabama fan?" Really, how do you get off on the right foot with a tried and true Bama fan, by telling him you are an Auburn fan?! So, I could have lied...but, I would rather him remember me as an Auburn fan, than a lying Auburn fan!! On the set, two rugs meet in the midde of the room...one has the Auburn logo, and the other has the Alabama logo......for the first song, Mr. Cooper states that I have to stand on the Auburn rug......
When I came back to the mic for the second song, I noticed the mic had been moved, and there I was ...... "a house divided".....one foot on the Auburn rug and on on the Alabama rug ! So, I had to ask, "Mr. Cooper, are you trying to convert me?" Too funny......you have to watch him....he is quick, and sly......

Remember how I said Mr. Cooper was quick and sly ? He hit about 4 people in the studio with snow balls, including his wife, and me, while we were live ... on camera !!!!

What a whirlwind ... not a second wasted ... intros, guests being interviewed, quick breaks, songs sung, and lots of laughs ... met some really nice people, a Chic-fil-A rep, a very dapper dentist, a cameraman/musician named Corey, an anger management counselor, and a gentleman named Frank, who not only delivers a very accurate weather forecast, but bakes a mean chess pie!

Check out Cooper & Company ... but you better get up early!!!! Live 6:00 AM CT!


Tomorrow, Saturday the 22nd, I'll see you in Nashville for the Nashville Spotlight Showcase at the "World Famous" Nashville Palace!

No comments: