Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bridge Street

Several months back, I tried out for Panoply's Homegrown Talent Contest.
The audition was right in the middle of Bridge Street Town Centre. I have to admit, I was a little nervous. Once I got up on the small platform, and started singing I was fine. Just weeks before, my Grandmother and Mom had worked so hard to get me a CD to sing my song to.

It was hard for me to sing my song to music because I was used to singing acapella at the Coffee Tree. I had practiced and practiced so much I just knew I was going to sing great. Well, I did great, but my CD stopped right in the middle of my song. I didn't care. I kept going like nothing had gone wrong. Everyone clapped at the end of the song and I was happy. I got to talk to the judges for a minute. They said they really liked my song. They also told me that when the music stopped, they thought it was a dramatic pause. :-) I made it!!! So I got to perform at Panoply.

This is a picture from Bridge Street. See the guy with his arm on my head? That's Jeff the photographer. His link is on the sidebar. He is very good at what he does. And yes, that's me. The human arm rest. The other two are good friends of ours from the Arts Council. Well, I better go. I need to get ready for a photoshoot with PAMA. PAMA's link is also on the sidebar. PAMA is awesome. Knowing me, I need lots of time to get ready for anything. Later!!!






4 comments:

homegrownsongwritersalabama said...

Oh, I remember that day. I was so proud of you and that was great practice for appearing in public. Just keep on writing and singing those songs, girl!
Grandmother

Michelle said...

Good job, MJ! I love the picture, and I bet you sounded wonderful! I can't wait to see pictures!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Heyyy really it stopped right in the middle???????????? how terrifying!!!!!! geezz a dramatic pause.......... who would have thought### i already no u did great!!!!!!!!! but hearing that made it great.......!!!!!!!!!!! love ya ya ya yaa yaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

MJ,
Hey there! I remember the music break and I think it was good how you continued on without any break or pause. In my opinion it was a good thing because it let everyone hear the quality of your voice. Keep up the good work!

Jon~The guy on the left in the picture.