Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

My! My! Time Flies!

Here it is, the middle of October! I have so much to tell you about that I'm not sure where to start. First, let me say that I am busy with school, very busy.There was a lot going on in September and I'm picking up where I left off from my last posts.

I had an awesome time at James Breedwell's Songwriter Round at Dave and Buster's in Nashville. James invites songwriters to put together  rounds of fellow songwriters. Thank you, Russ David for inviting me to join you. The show was on the patio, the weather was perfect and the huge Grand Ole Opry sign was   "all lit up" across from us. Nice audience! Perfect!


Our friends, Earl and Polly, had their annual songwriters week-end at their home on the Flint River. Beautiful,  is all I can say. Beautiful weather, great friends, wonderful food and music of course. We are songwriters so we had to have Open Mic! We call it the Earl and Pollyroo. It was good to see friends we don't see often because everyone is out singing somewhere all the time.

Home school does not have a football team so I seldom go to a game.  We went down to Hayden to my cousin Dalyn Gilbert's Middle School game. It was  fun sitting in the bleachers with Dalyn and his teammates while the first game was played. That's Dalyn in the middle bringing down the opposition. This photo was made at another game, and I wanted to show him in action. Go Dalyn! 


Last week, I went to Capricorn Sound Works to record a song. Finished that, then shot a video to advertise the upcoming Madd Talent Contest. More about that later, but here is a link to the video. Then, drove over to  Hotel Indigo for Jack Scott's Songwriter Round. Donny Grace, our local NSAI coordinator invited me to join him and Emma Klein to do a round. Thanks, Donny. 

Donny Grace, Emma Klein, MaryJustice at Hotel Indigo

The last time I was at Hotel Indigo, one of my YouTube and Facebook friends, Stephen Wong of Pennsylvania, happened to be in Nashville and stopped in to hear me sing. What a surprise! So, imagine my astonishment when  my ReverbNation and Facebook friend, singer/songwriter Scott Ruthenberg from Australia, posted on my wall that he would be there. From Australia?? I thought he was kidding, but he happened to be in Nashville pitching songs and was staying right around the corner! Now, how awesome is that! It was nice meeting you Scott.

That was on Thursday, and Friday night I had a showcase at the Coffee Tree with my favorite singing partner, Matt Morrow. As usual, we had a great crowd and lots of fun. I was so pleased to see my friends from our church youth group  and a couple of former classmates. Thanks, Matt, for joining me!


So, on Sunday Mom and I made a trip down to Morris to visit my grandfather who is not feeling well. He is taking chemotherapy and having a rough time right now. Please pray for him. We do appreciate your prayers and good thoughts.

Well, Blogger Buddies, I think that catches you up. I probably forgot something major but good things are happening. Friday night I'll join Matt and Jessie Good for another show at the Coffee Tree. Drop in if your in the area as this is a very special show!


I am READY for Destin Beach, Florida.... Look out! I will show up any day!
Thank you, Lord. I am so blessed by you.



No comments: