Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hey, I'm In Newsprint! Cool!

Hey, everybody,  go out and get your copy of the latest edition of the Valley Planet! But if you live too far away to get the newspaper, just click the link and browse the paper ... tells you what's happening in Huntsville with a great music venue listing.

I was honored to be interviewed by Reporter Robby Eichmann who is a wonderful performing songwriter, and also works at the Space & Rocket Center. He does tours, works the museum and builds the models. A young man of many talents. I was nervous to be interviewed but Robby put me at ease right away. His editor asked him to interview me and when Robby found out I started singing at the Coffee Tree Books & Brew,  he suggested we meet there for the interview ... which also made me more comfortable, you know. sort of like being at home. 





We had spent some time getting acquainted and Robby told me that he had played at the Coffee Tree also, but now has a regular Monday night  "gig" at Bandito Southside. The interview happened to be on a Monday and he said "Why don't you come on down at 7:00 and I'll call you up to sing." WOW! Can you believe that? Soooo, I decided it was time to NOT be bashful. Mom, Grandmother and I "showed up" at Bandio's at 7:00 and I met a bunch of nice people. Robby's show is awesome. He's like a one-man band with his board of loopers, harmonizers and no telling what else he has put into that little black box with lots of pedals! True to his word, he invited me up to sing. I love it. The crowd was great. I've been back a couple of times and Robby has so generously given me an open invitation to join him. I have been blessed to meet such nice people. The music business is competitive but there are some wonderful people involved also. Thanks, Robby.

Note that the cover of this edition of the Valley Planet has race horses charging to the finish line. This is in honor of the Kentucky Derby coming up. And, as it so happens..... the City of Madison, Alabama, is having their Derby Days Festival on May 5th. There will be a bunch of performing songwriters at the Gazebo on the Village Green. I have been invited to join them! :) More about that in a day or two!

'Til later,
MaryJustice


No comments: