Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Live At The Coffee Tree

Saturday Night Open Mic at the Coffee Tree was fun. Ken Cooper, one of my friends from NSAI, wrote a really cool song called "Are We Just Friends" and asked me a few months ago if I would sing it. We have performed this song a couple of times at the Coffee Tree but last Saturday night he wanted to test out some new recording equipment and asked me to drop by to sing. I'm sorry the recording is not that great. I was fighting a cold and I have hypoglycemia so I was pretty shaky cause I had not had dinner yet . Still it's always fun to sing there. So check us out. Don't forget to turn off the music in the sidebar.


Are We Just Friends - Mary Justice

7 comments:

MaryJustice said...

Great Job, MaryJustice and Ken! I love that song.

Unknown said...

heyyyy u should definatley put it on ur cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lylas lol peace

MaryJustice said...

Sorry, about that. My bad! Overly enthusiastic grandmother posted from the wrong account. You and Ken did a great job. I love that song. Grandmother...I'll post from my log in next time.

homegrownsongwritersalabama said...

Okay, let me get this fixed! I was so excited when Ken sent the code for the song and MJ got the blog done that I commented from her sign in instead of my own.....so it appears that she made the "great" comments about herself. Believe me, she is more shy than that. Grandmother

Amelia said...

Great song...words, music and the performance...both you and Ken should be very proud of the gift God has given you.

Michelle said...

Awesome, MaryJustice! Just fantastic! If I could do that cheering whistle, you would hear me clear from Iowa!

Keep up the good work. You and Ken did a GREAT job!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary Justice!

We really enjoyed meeting ya'll at NSAI tonight. Your song was AWESOME!

Check out our MySpace to hear a few of our songs. My voice is not even in the same ballpark as yours, but it should give you an idea of the production quality that you can expect from our studio.

Hope we get a chance to work together real soon & best of luck with your career.

Take care,
Lisa & Doug
(aka Uncle Bethel)

http://www.myspace.com/unclebethel